With the rat race becoming more hectic and stressful; it’s no wonder that many people choose to leave the perils of the daily grind and pursue a career from home (Home Business Ideas). In fact, in India, start-up businesses are on the rise. Estimates by the India Startup Industry, Innovation, Science, Research, and Tertiary Education suggest that, at any point in time, more than half a million Indians are engaged in the beginning stages of entrepreneurial activity.
With the internet at your fingertips, it’s easier than ever to pursue an inspired entrepreneurial passion. Thinking about being your own boss? Make that start-up business a reality with these home business ideas with low startup costs.
Top 10 Home Business Ideas With Low Startup Costs
- Content Creator – It’s a great time to be alive if you’re a writer, graphic designer, or a creative pro. If you can create high-quality content for media outlets, businesses, and websites; you can have a great startup business with little to no start-up cost.
- Virtual Assistant – If you’ve got good planning organization skills, being a virtual assistant might be for you. A VA performs an array of secretarial tasks without being onsite. It costs nothing but time to source clients, plus you can work from home and earn a decent income.
- Events Coordinator – Detail-oriented, highly-organized, party-loving people can launch event planning services from the comfort of their homes. All you need for this small business start-up is a website, a phone, and a sizable database of contacts.
- Digital Marketing Pro – While this requires some knowledge, online marketing courses are cheap and will give you the skills and knowledge you need to start a marketing career. Maybe you won’t be a pro from the start, but you’ll be surprised at how fast you will learn.
- Online Tutor – Competent teachers are scarce and online teachers/tutors are in demand. Online English teachers can make $25+/hour. You can also teach/tutor for other subjects/topics. All you need to start is a laptop, a stable internet connection, and other equipment you probably already have at home.
- Online Store Owner – If offering services is not your thing, an eCommerce store might be. Selling products online is now just as popular, if not more, as selling from a physical store. It certainly is more convenient for start-up business owners and buyers. Starting an eCommerce store is incredibly affordable and although there are selling fees, they are minimal.
- Online Course Creator – If you have some knowledge on pretty much anything, package it, tie it up with a red ribbon, and sell it as an online course. All you need is your preexisting knowledge on a topic, PowerPoint skills, and a platform from which to share the course. There are some excellent WordPress plugins to run the whole course online.
- Ebook Author – If you’ve always wanted to be an author, you no longer need to send your work to hundreds of publishers, hoping one of them takes you on. You can self-publish your work and make an income on royalties. All you need is your writing skills, a laptop, and an email list for you to sell your books to.
- Data Entry – It’s not the most glamorous or exciting business/job idea but it does give you the freedom to work literally anywhere and anytime you choose. All that’s required is some willingness on your part.
- Services Provider – Be it pet walker or plumber, photographer, or fitness coach; you can make a living by providing services other people need. You can make calls, set up a website, organize events, email prospects, etc. to get started. And then, you can utilize social media, your own business website, and other affordable online tools to build and your brand.
With these 10 home business ideas with low startup costs; you, too, can leave the stressful 9-to-5 life, start pursuing your passions, and be your own boss. Not that being your own boss isn’t stressful, but it’s a different kind of stress.